Our hair makes us look good and feel good. It also takes a lot of care and attention to look good. Whilst we are neglecting the scalp many people are suffering hair loss and hair damage. Scalp Massage is a therapeutic practice of massaging the head for relaxation. It relieves stress, reduces hair loss, promotes hair growth, and helps to relieve the scalp irritation. They are an easy, inexpensive way to help your hair grow stronger, healthier, and longer! But do we really understand the process behind it? Most of the time, we just go with the flow and perform scalp massage without following proper steps. In this blog, we are going to be looking at some of the different steps followed by the best hair salons to perform a successful scalp massage.
- Mix oils – Pour natural oils of your choice into a bowl.Do not use more than three oils at a time. Consider using natural oils such as almond oil, coconut oil, sesame oil, and castor oil. You can also add a few drops of essential oils such as tea tree oil, rosemary oil, and eucalyptus oil. Essential oils improve the health of your hair and using them regularly can promote hair growth and improve the volume and texture of your hair.
- Heat the oil – Heat the oil using the double boiler method. To use a double boiler, simply fill the bottom bowl or utensil with one or two inches of water. Next, place the bowl of oils on the water surface and turn on the flame. Do not place the bowl directly on the flame. This might compromise the mixture’s effectiveness and burn your scalp.
- Divide your hair into different sections – Before you begin with the scalp massage, make sure that your hair is free from knots and tangles. Brush your hair using a wide-tooth comb and divide your hair into different sections. Clip the sections to keep them away from troubling you while applying the oil. Applying oil on your scalp, section by section allows the better reach of oil to the scalp and gives the best results.
- Apply to your scalp – Now, using your fingers or a cotton ball start to apply the oilfrom the top of the hair, and then work the way down. Hold up each section of the hair and part it into smaller sections to apply underneath them. After finishing half of the hair, secure it with a clip and start with the other side. Make sure to use oil as required as applying excess oil would make it drip down your face and neck.
- Massage your scalp gently – Once you are done with applying oil to the scalp area, pour a bit of oil into your hands, rub together until warm, and start massaging your scalp. Use your fingertips and gently massage your scalp. Ensure that you don’t have sharp nails. Massaging your scalp with nails increases hair damage and breakage.
- Work methodically to promote blood circulation – Gently press your scalp and massage it using your fingertips.Rub your fingertips in small vigorous circles for about 5 to 10 minutes. This promotes blood circulation to the scalp and soothes nerves and capillaries. It also relaxes your body and mind, improves mood, and alleviates stress.
- Spread the oil residue rightly – With the oil residue you have on your palms, work through the length of your hair. The hair ends need good moisture and nourishment. Apply oil to the hair ends and massage in the middle of the hair by dragging fingers to the ends. Once done, tie your hair using a loose elastic band and cover it up with a shower cap.
- Rinse thoroughly – Let the oil sit on your scalp for a while. Leave it for about 30 to 40 minutes as this gives enough time to repair and hydrate your hair. For better results, consider wrapping the hair in the hot towel for 20 – 30 minutes till the oil perfectly sits in the hair. Rinse thoroughly using a mild shampoo and apply a good conditioner that leaves the hair feeling healthy, smooth, and shiny.
If you’re ready to start growing your hair out after a haircut, or if you’re trying to grow your hair to a certain length, we hope you’ll consider incorporating a scalp massage into your hair care routine. Try out some of the techniques we have included in this blog and see how quickly your mood improves. If you are a person with a hectic schedule and not finding enough time for a scalp massage, we are here to pamper your hair cells. Limelite salon offers scalp massages and other hair care services at affordable deals. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach us. You can also book an appointment online and enjoy the feeling of being a queen for a day while our team takes care of your hair.