Skincare is the most important accessory for your skin. It can bring about a positive transformation in your skin and make you look beautiful. However, you need to follow a good skincare routine in order to get maximum results from your skincare products. You need to know the correct order to apply your products, as it matters a lot in skincare. To make the process easier, Limelite Salon and Spa is here with a blog. The blog speaks about the correct order of a skincare routine and how you should set up your skincare routine in a way that will work for you.
- What is a skincare routine?
A skincare routine is a set of skincare practices you follow to take care of your skin regularly. It includes a number of steps like cleansing, moisturizing, protection, cleansing, and exfoliation, which help to improve skin health and appearance.
- What is the right order of the morning skincare routine?
Morning skincare routine is all about prevention and protection. Your face is going to be exposed to the outside environment, so it’s necessary to cleanse and moisturize your skin and use sunscreen to protect it from harsh sunlight and pollution.
- Cleanser – Face cleansing is the first step of any skincare routine. The process clears away excess oil, dirt, and impurities from the skin and removes clogged pores. Cleansers are of two forms: oil-based and water-based. An oil-based cleanser intends to dissolve oils produced by your skin, while a water-based cleanser rinses away dirt and sweat from the skin. Choose the cleanser suitable for your skin type and if you are a person with sensitive skin, visit a unisex salon nearby and seek expert advice to understand your skin better.
- Toner – Toners are skin products designed to replenish skin through hydration and remove dead cells and dirt left behind after cleansing. It also balances pH levels and helps to reduce the appearance of pores. Tap the toner onto the face or a cotton pad and swipe over the face in an outward motion.
- Serum – A serum contains a high concentration of certain ingredients. Serums are rich in antioxidants such as Vitamin C and E, which help to protect skin against damage caused by unstable molecules. Vitamin C serums help to treat hyperpigmentation and dark spots and give you healthy and glowing skin. When used on regular basis serums reduce fine lines and wrinkles and aid to reverse a lot of the skin damage we get from the sun and pollution. All you need to do is take a few drops of serum and pat them on your face and neck. Never combine serum with any other skincare product. Use it just by itself and make sure to do a patch test to see how it works on your skin and with the other products in your routine.
- Moisturizer – A moisturizer soothes and softens your skin and keeps your skin moisturized. If you are a person with dry skin, opt for a cream or balm. Thicker moisturizers work best on normal or combination skin, and fluids and gels are recommended for oily skin. Take a pea-size amount of moisturizer and warm it in your hands. Apply to your cheeks first and then continue to the rest of the face using upward strokes. Make sure your hands are clean before you start applying the moisturizer, especially if you’re using it from a jar that you dip your fingers into. Dirty hands might add dirt and bacteria to your moisturizer and affect your skin.
- Sunscreen – Applying sunscreen is a critical and final step of your morning skincare routine. Sunscreens protect your skin from UV light and harsh sun rays and also reduce the signs of aging by blocking external damage caused to due sunlight and pollution. Spread sunscreen on your face and neck liberally and massage for about 5 to 10 minutes. Apply sunscreen 15 minutes before you go outside, so that it absorbs into the epidermis and doesn’t wipe off. Some sunscreens may cause skin irritations, so it’s necessary to test in a small area prior to applying over the face.
- What is the right order of the night skincare routine?
Night skin care routine is the perfect time to make sure your skin is getting as many nutrients and active ingredients as possible since your skin regenerates and repairs itself while you sleep. Here, you will still follow the basic steps of a skincare routine – cleanse, treat, and moisturize, but the routine will have a few add-ons to make it more beneficial for your skin.
- Makeup Remover – Firstly, focus on removing the makeup using a good makeup remover. Follow the instructions mentioned on the product and once applied, massage in until skin is clean, then rinse with water. Using a makeup remover before cleansing helps to remove makeup and impurities from your skin and makes sure the skin is free from cosmetic products and their residues.
- Cleanser – Follow the process with the same cleanser you used in the morning. Begin from the inside of the face-up, then out and down along the hairline, and move towards the chin. Avoid scrubbing your face too hard while cleansing and do not overdo the process.
- Toner – If you are applying toner, apply it the same way you as in the morning. Toners should always be applied before heavy products like serum and moisturizers so that they have high efficiency of getting absorbed by the skin.
- Serum – Night is an ideal time to use products with ingredients that work to get rid of dead skin cells or stimulate cell turnover while you sleep. Some serums are most effective when sued at night and some during the day. Make sure to check the product before going ahead. Apply the serum on your skin and gently pat on your face and neck.
- Spot Treatment – The spot treatment step in a skincare routine involves treating acne, blemishes, or scars if you have any. Apply a small amount of product on the spot and leave it to dry. Avoid popping pimples, acne, and scars by yourself, as this might cause scarring and infections. You can skip the process if you have spot-free skin.
- Eye Cream – The skin around your eyes is thinner and more sensitive. Hence, it’s more prone to signs of aging, fine lines, puffiness, and darkness. Using a good eye cream firms up the area, brightens, and smoothens the skin. Apply a small amount of cream under your eyes and dab in. Applying an eye cream overnight gives the product a chance to penetrate your skin, which further boosts collagen production and delays the signs of aging.
- Face Oil – Using face oil is a great way to treat dry skin. Pat a few drops of oil onto the skin and ensure that no other product goes onto your skin after the application of face oil. Nighttime is the best time to receive maximum benefits from the face oil as your skin gets more time to absorb its nutrients. However, if you are a person with oily skin or acne, this step is not the best fit for you. You can instead opt for night creams or sleep masks, to make the skincare routine worthwhile.
We hope you enjoyed the blog on the right order of a skincare routine. With this knowledge, we know that you can make the most of your skin care regimen and make your dream of having healthy and glowing skin come true! Are you on a hunt for the best salons in Chennai for skincare treatments? If it’s a nod, Limelite Salon and Spa is what you are looking for. The team here understands your skin and puts in great efforts to treat your skin with the most suitable treatment. Visit a Limelite Salon near you and unlock great deals now! If you have any questions or want to know more about how you can take care of your skin please don’t hesitate to contact us at the details provided on our website. We look forward to hearing from you! Thank you!