Hair is an important part of your personality and it reflects who you are. Cold season is here and we are all worried about how to take care of our hair. The dry air, indoor heating, and cold weather can leave our hair dry, brittle, and damaged. This makes it necessary to take good care of your hair. To prevent our hair from getting damaged we need to protect it from dryness and frizziness. But the problem is that it is difficult to find out ways to repair hair in winter. With some minor tweaks to your styling and hair care routine, you can put cease this damage in its tracks. Here’s how.
· Moisturize your scalp with oil regularly – Your scalp gets dry and itchy in winter, due to lack of moisture in the air. This may further induce dandruff, scalp irritation, and flakiness, causing hair fall and damage. Moisturizing your scalp with a bowl of hot oils like coconut oil and olive oil works wonders. It improves blood circulation of the scalp, keeps the hair moisturized, and nourishes the hair follicles, stimulating hair growth.
· Avoid frequent hair washes – Washing your hair very often with shampoos pulls off its natural oils, causing further dryness and irritation. This is especially bad in the cold weather when those oils are much needed. Avoid washing your hair more than twice a week.
· Condition your hair in the right way – Never skip using a conditioner post shampooing your hair. Apply the conditioner on your hair from the mid-length to the hair ends. Focus on the ends to prevent dryness and split ends. Leave it for a few minutes and rinse thoroughly using lukewarm water. Use a thick, creamy conditioner containing the extracts of natural oils like coconut, olive, and shea butter for deep hydration and nourishment.
· Limit the usage of heat styling tools – Excess use of heat styling tools during winter might make it brittle, causing hair breakage and damage. Your hair tends to be delicate during winter and needs genuine care. Embrace the natural hair texture of your hair and air dry your hair as much as possible.
· Don’t step out with wet hair – Cold weather dilates the hair shafts, making them prone to breakage and color fading. Wet hair is more liabe to breakage and damage than dry hair. Make sure to dry your hair before you step out into the sun. Give your hair extra time to dry and modify your winter hair care routine accordingly.
· Use a deep conditioning mask once a week – Deep conditioning masks are excellent treatments to ensure your overall hair health. A hair mask with moisturizing ingredients like honey and egg deeply conditions your hair and provides the best nourishment from the roots to the ends. Use a deep conditioning mask once a week to moisturize dry locks, enhance hair growth, add luster, and soften the hair.
· Get regular trims – The dry and cold air in winter causes excess hair breakage and split ends. To prevent your hair from this, trim your hair once every four to six weeks. Getting a trim during the winter prevents hair breakage and split ends and adds a fresh look to your locks.
· Lower the water temperature while you shower – A steamy shower in the freezing weather is just tempting. But this might not make your hair feel as good as you do. Extreme hot water can remove the natural oils and moisture from your hair, making it look dry and frizzy. Use lukewarm water to wash your hair and blast with cold water at the ends to help seal the hair with cuticles.
· Get a good scalp massage – A good scalp massage provides ultimate strength and nourishment to your hair. It improves blood circulation and stimulates hair growth. It restores moisture and revitalizes dry and damaged hair. Head to the best salon near you and rejuvenate your scalp with a good and relaxing scalp massage.
· Protect your hair from fabric damage – Often a woolen cap on your head or a stole around your neck might cause split ends, breakage, and damage by rubbing up against your hair. Use a satin or silk stole to protect your hair from fabric damage. Avoid using cotton towels and switch to microfiber towels. Microfiber towels are gentle on your hair, have high water absorbing capacity, reduce friction, and make hair drying easier and better.
We hope you enjoyed our blog about repairing damaged hair in winter. With this knowledge, we know that you can have beautiful hair all year round. So what are you waiting for? Make sure to share this with your friends and loved ones, we are sure they would appreciate the knowledge. Looking for a perfect unisex salon near you for a haircut, scalp massage, or winter hair care treatment? Limelite Salon and Spa is here for you. Visit us today and redefine your style this winter! If you have any other questions or concerns about repairing damaged hair in winter, please contact us anytime. You can go for treatments like Keratin treatment, Hair Spa and Head Message. Also you can get your hair colored if interested at the salon for best results. We are always delighted when one of our posts is able to provide useful information on a topic like this!