Can you think of someone who does not want healthy and gorgeous locks? Imagine having long, smooth, and shiny tresses all day. Sounds so satisfying right? We all know that having long and thick hair is an equal part of proper care and genetics. You do not always need expensive products to add luster to your hair. Though the products give you instant results, you cannot always rely on them. Using heat care products and harsh chemicals on your hair will damage your hair, making them look dry and frizzy. Do you want to achieve those beautiful, shiny, and lustrous locks on your own at home? Why worry when we can make it possible for you! Here are a few pro tips to make your hair look salon-like silky naturally.
- Get a good haircut and maintain it – Are you tired of searching for the best salon near you?Finding a stylist who can create the perfect haircut for you is indeed a blessing! The right stylist will not only get your hair in shape but will also explain to you what it’s gonna take to maintain the look. Choose a haircut that goes well with your face and lifestyle. If you feel confused in choosing one, seek expert advice. Avoid changing your haircut unless your stylist suggests the same. Stick to the one that your stylist recommends and do not forget to trim your hair regularly. If you have long hair, get them trimmed once in six weeks, and if you are a person with short hair get them trimmed once in four weeks.
- Choose the right products for your hair type – The hair products you usehave a lot to say about your hair. A good stylist will not only style you but will also guide you about the right products for your hair. Because different hair type requires different hair care products and you need to pick the one according to your hair needs. Always choose a trusted brand though they seem to be on the quite expensive side. Right hair products will improve your hair texture and volume.
- Do not wash your hair too often – How often should you wash your hair?This is probably the most asked question. Well, the answer is simple. It all depends on your hair. But one thing you need to take care of is that you should avoid washing your hair too often. Frequent hair wash will wear out your hair and increase hair fall. If you have an oily scalp, prefer washing your hair once or twice a week. Use warm water or cold water to wash your hair. Extreme hot water will damage your hair cuticles leaving your hair dry and frizzy.
- Avoid excess usage of heat styling tools – Heat styling tools might make change the look of your hair, but when used excessively they damage your hair. Avoid excess usage of heat styling tools. But in some cases, you have to use them. In such situations, consider using a heat protectant gel on your hair. The gel acts as a protective shield against excess heat and prevents hair fall and breakage.
- Do not brush wet hair – Avoid brushing your hair immediately after hair wash.Detangling your hair while it’s wet will increase hair fall and damage. Dry your hair thoroughly before you detangle the knots. Also, use a wide-tooth comb to detangle your hair. A wide-tooth comb helps in detangling the hair without any damage. You can also use a hairdryer to dry your hair. Make sure to use cold air blow while you dry them. Drying your hair with hot air might cause hair fall. Be gentle with your hair while you brush them post detangling.
- Pick the right hair accessories – A certain hair accessories might look fancy but seem to be not okay for your hair. Use the best quality hair accessories to avoid hair damage. Prefer using satin or soft silk cloth scrunchies, as they prevent hair breakage. Do not tie your hair too tightly. Always use a good quality accessory and prefer to tie them into a braid while you go to sleep. This will prevent your hair from knots and tangles. Avoid adding too many accessories to your hair as it might cause hair breakage.
- Prefer using satin or silk pillow covers – Silk or satin cloth help maintain your salon hair longer because they don’t aggressively rub your hair.Silk or satin cloth does not affect your hair texture as cotton does.Consider using a satin or silk pillow cover to prevent hair fall and damage. Sleeping on a satin or silk pillow cover smoothens hair cuticles and makes your hair look smooth, shiny, healthy, and gorgeous.
- Do not maintain the same hairstyle for a long time – Maintaining the same hairstyle for a long time might affect your hair growth. Anyone who relies on the same hairstyle for a longer period might develop hair loss. For an instance, having the same part for an extended time might cause hair fall. This is because having your hair in a certain part for a long time can cause continuous strain on the hair follicles, leaving them damaged. So, keep changing your hairstyle at least once in a month or two.
Did not you notice how convenient and easy it is to get salon-like hair at home? What are you waiting for? Visit a unisex salon near you and trim your hair. Once sorted try out these amazing measures and say hello to satin-smooth strands!! With these pro tips, you can now have luscious locks for a longer time!